[AG-TECH] Linux Packaging News

Stephen Smith ssmith at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Sun Apr 18 23:26:30 CDT 2004

> For the 2.3 release we would like to provide:
>
> 1) windows installers
> 2) tarball packaging
> 3) basic RPM (dist,version independent)
> 4) basic debian package
> 5) Fedora RPMs
> 6) Slackware Packages

We have a work-experience student here just starting on a Knoppix
live-CD based access-grid.  As Knoppix is debian based this should
hopefully result in some usable Debian packages.

Cheers,
Steve
--
Steve Smith, SysAdmin/Programmer  | "When you have no nails your hammer grows
Vislab, University of Sydney      |  restless, and you begin to throw sideways