[AG-TECH] AG2 dies because of Life in Hours

Supreeya Miller Supreeya.Miller at usm.edu
Tue Apr 13 09:56:51 CDT 2004

All,

When I ran AGServiceManager.py on the audio machine running Redhat 9.0, it
asked the passphrase.  I gave it the password when I requested the
certificate.  Then it asked me Life in hours [12]:, I hit enter.  Sure
enough it died the next day.

When this happened, and I went to a different room from the display machine,
I did not get a new vic window of the new room, and the vic of the old room
stayed unchanged.

1) I went to check things on the audio machine, it said a system call
failed.  I tried to re-run the AGServiceManager.py again, and it would not
run until I killed the AudioService.py.

2) I had to do a similar process on the video machine in order to run
AGServiceManager.py.

3) Again on the display machine, I had to kill the AGServiceManager.py
program and re-ran it.

Now everything was back to normal.

The next day it died again.  Then I had to repeat the 3 steps above.

Does this have something to do with the question "Life in hours[12]"?  If
so, how do I get around it so that the AG will run all a time?

If not, can you please guide me to a solution to my problem?

Thank you.

Supreeya Miller
Visualization Researcher, System Administrator, and Access Grid Coordinator
Center of Higher Learning
Building 1103
Stennis Space Center, MS  39529
228-688-2190