[AG-TECH] Multicast issues with pimd and Cisco routers

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Apr 7 14:53:02 CDT 2004

I am curious if anyone else is using pimd for multicast routing between
networks. I am having some difficulty with pimd and would like some help.

The problem is regardless of assertion level, pimd ALWAYS overrides our Cisco
routers and becomes the default multicast router. I have increased the
assertion level of pimd to 650. This works for about 4 minutes before pimd
takes complete control. Killing pimd reverts the route it to the Cisco's.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu