[AG-TECH] Problems starting up AG on RH9 on Nvidia - any solutions?

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Wed Apr 7 11:09:42 CDT 2004

Trying to install a node on a Dell Precision 630 with an Nvidia Quadro FX,
and get the following message when I start the vic:

vic: no support for your display type
TkFontPkgFree: all fonts should have been freed already

If I look in the /etc/X11/XF86Config file, I see the following:

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "nvidia"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "NVIDIA Quadro FX (generic)"
         VideoRam    131072
EndSection

Section "Screen"
         Identifier "Screen0"
         Device     "Videocard0"
         Monitor    "Monitor0"
         DefaultDepth     24
         SubSection "Display"
                 Depth     24
                 Modes    "1600x1200" "1400x1050" "1280x1024" "1280x960"
"1152x86
4" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
         EndSubSection
EndSection

What's going on here? Anybody gotten this Nvidia card to work in RH9?  I
should also add that I've not added any special Nvidia drivers to this
machine.  Just using whatever got loaded with RH9.

Thanks!!

-randy