[AG-TECH] Multiple identical stream fix for Winnov Videum 4400 capture card

Thorpe, MS (Matt) M.S.Thorpe at rl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 6 08:08:56 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I came across an 'undocumented feature' whilst trying to set up a single
node AG using the Winnov Videum 4400 4 channel capture card in that all of
the outgoing streams were from the same source.  I have documented the
registry fix below that will resolve this.

Please post to the group with your feedback!

Matt.

| AG2.1.2 registry fix for Winnov Videum 4400 capture card |
| 2nd March 2004 - Matt Thorpe, m.s.thorpe at rl.ac.uk        |
| CCLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratories, UK               |
This document details how to fix the fault with AG2.1.2 and the Winnov
Videum 4400 4 channel capture card where all outgoing streams are sourced
from the same channel.

Open regedit.exe and navigate to the following path:

	HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Winnov\Videum\

Ensure that vic.exe[x] (where [x] is between 0-3, corresponding to the 4
capture channels) has it's 'Source' key set to [x].  Do this with
WnvConfig.exe[x] in the same way.  For example the Source key in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Winnov\Videum\vic.exe1 should be 1.

Reboot the computer to make these changes take effect.

If this does not work delete any key directories within this path that don't
start with either vic.exe or WnvConfig.exe.

This problem seems to be caused by the Winnov Configure application, so I
would recommend not using this unless you really need to, and be prepared to
reapply these registry patches if you do!

On our two test systems this fixed the fault and it also retains the camera
/ channel mappings through reboots and venue changes etc.