[AG-TECH] room node certificates

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 30 12:36:41 CDT 2003

At 05:38 PM 9/30/2003 +0100, Colin Perkins wrote:
>On Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003, at 16:32 Europe/London, S.Booth wrote:
>>I did look into this for AG1 but gave up when I realised that with
>>multi-machine AG nodes you could not rely on the RTCP CNAMEs to identify a
>>site. Maybe we should add certificate name to the RTCP information for
>>just this kind of trick.
>
>That might be something to solve by having the sending hosts in the
>multi-machine node collude in their choice of RTCP CNAME?

Or (or in addition to the above) the thing I'd like, which is to have the
individual media tools advertise back to the venue (since we have a place
to reliably stash shared information) the SSRC's of each of their streams,
which can then be matched with the high-level identities of the people in
the venue.

--bob