[AG-TECH] Direction of communication with a Virtual Venue Server

Brian Corrie brian.corrie at newmic.com
Fri Sep 26 19:58:11 CDT 2003

Another comment along these lines... vic and rat are not very firewall
friendly. With AG 1.2 we could get around that because port numbers were
static and one could open up a select number of ports. With the dynamic
allocation of port numbers in the AG 2.1.x software methinks this is somewhat
more problematic. Am I missing something? We are mostly concerned with
providing bridging to people behind firewalls at the moment but I think the
issue is the same with venues on multicast as well. Dynamic port allocation
for Vic and Rat cause big problems with firewalls...

Am I missing something here???

Brian