[AG-TECH] ClearOne AccuMic

Michael Gates mgates at sdsc.edu
Thu Sep 18 14:53:50 CDT 2003

Oh yeah, I forgot that I got one of these to try too (I think I got it for
about $550 or so, so shop around).

The mic and echo cancelling in this little thing work quite well.  I had
it on my desk in my office and used it with much success and ease.  I have
not tried it in a room setting, so I don't know how far away you can get
from it and still have it pick you up and AGC you to a audible level.

Hooking it into a PC is not quite as easy as the diagrams show... all of
the ins and outs of the microphone are mono-RCA and all of the ins/outs of
my PC were 8th" minijacks.  But, with some Y-adapters and RCA-minijack
cables I got it all going the right way, with only a moderately sized
tangle of cables (forunately, the only cable that goes to the mic is quite
long and allows you to keep the mess hidden).

Sound quality was good, EC was good.  It's got LEDs on it that tell you if
it's muted or live.  Indeed, the three lights coordinate with the three
mics inside and tell you what direction/mic the sound is comming from.

-Mike

--
Michael Gates
mgates at sdsc.edu