[AG-TECH] problems with polycom unit

Doug Smith doug at unidata.ucar.edu
Wed Sep 17 08:20:17 CDT 2003

I am in the process of setting up a Personal Access Grid workstation and
have run into serveral issues, listed below.

Our setup is a dual processor Athlon 2.4 gHz with 1 gig of ram. 1 I-Bot
camera (firewire) and 1 Logitech quick Cam Pro 4000 (USB), 1 polycom
soundstation premier with computer interconnect. Sound blaster PCI sound card.
I have obtained a certificate and installed the 2.1.1 release of the AG
toolkit running on windows XP.

Issues we are having:

1. I can hear the other parties in a venue but they cannot hear me. I
don't think this is a problem with the polycom unit since I have tried
switching it out and also tried using just a microphone right into the
sound card. Still no luck. I have tried all the audio options in RAT like
Line In and Aux and Mic with no success.

2. I have 2 cameras but I can only get one of them to work at a time in
VIC. How do I get them both to work at the same time?

3. What possible issues might I run into if the machine is running a
firewall like Sygate Personal Firewall Pro?

4. Will people running different versions of the AG Toolkit (2.0,
2.1.1...) be able to interact with each other or do all isntallations have
to be running the same version of the AG Toolkit?

Thanks

Doug