[AG-TECH] AG2.1.1b multi-machine node problems

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Tue Sep 9 02:10:22 CDT 2003

Eric Olson wrote:

>Hi Mike,
>Ivan and I didn't have any problems the TVS this morning, but let us know
>if it's still not working for you.
>
>And on linux,
>Thanks for noticing the /tmp/local_services directory.  We're moving the
>local services (cache) to be in the user's ~/.AccessGrid/local_services
>directory, but it looks like it didn't get built into the last rpm so
>we'll get that fixed.  Moving it to the user's directory will avoid the
>past problems with the tmp directory.

I just built a 2.1.1 this morning (Slack 9). The first time I ran it, it
complained about the lack of a ~/.AccessGrid/VenueClient.log (or was
that VenueServer.log?). I created one by hand, and it ran OK after that.
The point is (I think) that existrence of some locations seems to be
expected yet there's no mechanism to create them.

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3914
Sydney Vislab, K09