[AG-TECH] Bridging on TVS?

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 8 20:07:47 CDT 2003

Randy Groves wrote:

> Is a BridgeServer going to be installed on the TVS?  Or someplace
> accessible to 2.1.x clients?

As soon as the TVS is brought up with 2.1, we can run a bridge server
against it.  That will be announced when it happens.

> And how would one find a bridging service if it wasn't installed on
> the venue server?  Unless the service gets advertised in some way,
> there is no way that I can see to point yourself to an arbitrary bridge.

I'm not sure that I understand the question, but I'll try.  A bridge
server is run against a venue or venue server explicitly.  It's
availability in a venue is evident from its appearance on the list of
bridges displayed when the user selects "Use Unicast".  So, the
existence of a bridge service outside of a venue has, essentially, no
meaning.

I hope that answers your questions, Randy.  If not, let me know.

Tom