[AG-TECH] Reconfiguring GLOBUS_HOSTNAME in AG 2.1.1b

Kabe Vanderbaan kabev at labs.mot.com
Mon Sep 8 15:42:52 CDT 2003

Has anyone come across this situation when reconfiguring Globus?:

(This is a Windows 2000 machine)
(All windows and apps are closed)
1) I run Reconfigure Globus to set up GLOBUS_HOSTNAME
2) I choose an interface: 192.168.123.1
3) Reconfigure Globus exits normally
4) I run 'set G' from a new cmd line window and the GLOBUS_HOSTNAME variable is still
set to the old value
5) I go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables and select
GLOBUS_HOSTNAME
6) GLOBUS_HOSTNAME shows 192.168.123.1 as its value.
7) I retype the ip address, select ok and now the 'set G' command displays the
updated value.

I hesitate to call this a bug so I wanted to see if anyone might have an idea why
this is happening or if they have come across this.

Thanks,
Kabe
--
Kabe VanderBaan, Senior Research Engineer
Networks and Infrastructure Research, Motorola Labs