[AG-TECH] AG2 Configuration

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 22 14:18:55 CDT 2003

Hi Eliot:

Of the three problems you reported:

-  In that version, AGServiceManager.py printed extraneous text; it
doesn't indicate any error
-  You need to run the SetupVideo.py script as root
-  You need to create the /tmp/local_services directory on the machine
to which you are adding services.

I'd suggest you get version 2.1.2 that was released yesterday.  This
will eliminate the third problem you had, and provide you with
NodeSetupWizard.py.  The setup wizard will perform most of the steps
outlined in the RoomNode howto document, simplifying the configuration
of your node.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Tom