[AG-TECH] venue server question

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 16 10:45:58 CDT 2003

Hi,

The whole point of the venue is to limit interactions to those people in the
venue :-). Each venue can reside on only one server and from there I *think*
the answer to your first question is you are understanding the expected
behavior correctly.

When the TVS is no longer running, there will be other venue servers, hosted
by lots of folks. We're already migrating towards more permanent AG2 venues
(I sent a previous mail about that server). Anybody can run a venue server,
and they can connect together. The next natural progression for us to
consider is aggregates of venueservers and other services that want to be on
"organization"...and how we'll support that.

The answer to your side note is _YES_. We're will be making that happen, in
the *very* near future -- the next release or so (2.1.3 or 2.2 depending on
internal stuff). This is necessary functionality for shared applications in
the large.

Good questions. Thanks for asking.

--Ivan