[AG-TECH] venue server question

DeCrescenzo, Lisa [NCSUS] LDecresc at NCSUS.JNJ.COM
Thu Oct 16 09:26:57 CDT 2003

Hello everyone,

I've created a venue server here and have been doing some testing with it.
I've noticed that I'm only seeing participants listed in the Venue Client if
they are connected to the same venue server.  I'm just making sure that this
is expected behavior.  If it is, then I am wondering a few things...

What will happen when the TVS is no longer running (I know that is still a
while away)?  Will we only be able to chat, share data, use shared
presentation, etc. with users connected to the same venue server?

Also, on a side note, are there any plans to make shared presentation work
with .ppt files shared as data?  If there is currently the need to have the
presentation posted somewhere on the web, isn't it possible to just use
shared browser to share the file?

Lisa DeCrescenzo

Johnson & Johnson

Networking and Computing Services