[AG-TECH] encryption, vic and rat

Jason Hill jahill at scl.ameslab.gov
Mon Oct 13 17:43:28 CDT 2003

I had an interesting problem arise today and was wondering if anyone had
  some input to answer some questions I have.

We're running 2.1.1 and were running vic and rat by hand for a meeting
on the NCSA venue server. We could see all the remote sites and could
hear all the remote audio, but no one could hear or see us. I was not
the node operator for this portion of the meeting, so this is what I was
told when I arrived for the afternoon session.

Later when I was directed to the NCSA 2.1.1 Venue server I could only
see my streams - but there was an encryption set in Vic and Rat. Once
removed I could see all the other streams and hear all the audio. Are
these encryptions set by the venue server? Are they set upon entry into
the venue?

I don't know all of what happened when vic and rat were started up by
hand - but I think that they too were set with encryption - not by the
user. Are there differences between the vic that was released with 2.0
and with 2.1.1? Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

-Jason
Jason Hill
jahill at scl.ameslab.gov
Scalable Computing Laboratory, Ames Laboratory
310 Wilhelm Hall
Ames, IA 50010