[AG-TECH] authentication operation failed

Harris, Carl ceharris at vt.edu
Wed Oct 8 15:54:30 CDT 2003

Using the 2.1.1 toolkit and trying to connect from the node manager to a service manager, I'm getting an error in the log which says

GSITCPSocketException: an authentication operation failed

along with a lot of stack trace output.  In the VenueClient it simply says that the Service Manager is unreachable.  I've confirmed that we're actually talking to the service manager (via tcpdump and strace), and it looks (judging from the output of grid-proxy-info) like I've got certs where they need to be.

Just looking for some advice as to where to look next...

Thanks

--
Carl Harris
Communications Network Services, Virginia Tech
ceharris at vt.edu