[AG-TECH] Re: AG Installation

Lee Derks derksl at unm.edu
Mon Nov 24 11:37:57 CST 2003

Hi Jennifer,

     The "request certificate" function does not respond at all and does
not give any error message. I wasn't really sure if I needed to run Node
Setup but I was just testing the application to see if it would respond.
We are supposed to get Multicast enabled this afternoon and will try again
tomorrow.

Thanks!
Lee

> Hmm, that's strange behavior; I don't believe the lack of multicast
> would have any effect on the "request certificate" function. Does it
> just not respond at all, or does it give you any kind of error message?
> I'm also not sure why you'd need to run the Node Setup wizard on a
> personal node, but perhaps I'm just missing something here.
>
> I'm cc-ing ag-tech, since I haven't seen anything like this before but
> perhaps somebody else has.
>
> Cheers,
> Jennifer
>

> Lee Derks wrote:
>
> > Hi Jennifer,
> >
> >     I'm sorry to bother you with AG software installation questions, but we
> > are trying to set up an AG PIG at the TVN main office. As of today,
> > multicast is not enabled on our router but it will be by Monday. I went to
> > the Access Grid software page and downloaded Python 2.2, wxPython 2.4, and
> > the AG Toolkit 2.1.2. I also installed the software in that order. I do not
> > have a Globus security certificate. When I try requesting a certificate
> > through the program "Request Certificate," the application does not do
> > anything. Do I need to launch other applications before I can request a
> > certificate? Or, is it because Multicast is not enabled? I also tried
> > launching the program "Node Setup Wizard" and that did not work either.
> >
> > Thank you for your help
> > Lee Derks

Lee Derks
UNM Undergrad