[AG-TECH] Is there something wrong with the virtual venue server?

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Wed Nov 12 13:37:52 CST 2003

We noticed that during the demo that Purdue just did there was a huge
loss......video really bogged down.  I don't know what the cause was, but
we couldn't even move a thumbnail up to the projector screen.  Maybe
something is very strange on the network.

At 11:30 AM 11/12/2003, Julia Shiela Mullen wrote:

>Hi -
>
>I can get to the server, but I have had experienced the
>following weirdness.  I connect and can move about -
>and I get vic windows etc - but I there is no rat, and
>I don't show up in the vic thumbprints.  If I disconnect
>and reconnect it seems to work just fine - but it doesn't
>work on the first try.  This was new as of yesterday.
>
>  Julie
>

>On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Baker, A (Alex)  wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > I've been having problems contacting the venue server
> > (venues.accessgrid.org) I had problems around yesterday lunchtime (GMT) but
> > it seemed to get working again quite quickly. Then it happened again at
> > about 1600 GMT and since then has not been working. All my pings time out,
> > so I did a tracert, and it got all the way to guava-esnet.anchor.anl.gov
> > before stopping. Is anyone else having similar problems?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Alex
> >

> > Alex Baker
> >
> > Access Grid Operator,
> >
> > Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
> >

> > Phone: 01235 778144
> >
> > Mobile: 07732095225
> >
> > Email: a.baker at rl.ac.uk <mailto:a.baker at rl.ac.uk>

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544