[AG-TECH] End of life for Redhat

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Mon Nov 3 11:45:20 CST 2003

Don't know how many of you have received this note, but I got a
notification from Redhat that support for 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 8.0 is ending
at the end of this year, and support for RH 9 will end in April of next year.

And they will not be creating any new versions of Red Hat Linux.  The
choices are either going the fully supported route, with some version of
Red Hat Enterprise, or hanging completely free with the 'Fedora' project.

I can probably justify moving some of my machines to some version of
Enterprise (although the fact that many of the 'server' applications are
not supported in the Basic version might make it more difficult), but I'm
guessing that it poses a potential long term problem for Access Grid.

Will there now be an effort to move to a different platform as a standard?

-randy