[AG-TECH] H.261 handshake H.323 is Possible ?

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Sat May 31 21:50:51 CDT 2003

Hi Mr. Yimtachot,

The Access Grid can be interoperable with H.323 systems, and over this
summer we're building some pieces to make it simple to connect the systems
together. However, you are correct in identifying the major differences and
compatibility issue as the signalling and negotiation. We will be looking at
ways to make H.323 systems able to interface with our Virtual Venues (and at
some point also SIP clients), but at this time it's done by hand by plugging
the H.323 endpoint into an existing AG node.

There should be someone on the list who can write up a quick HOWTO on this
if there's not one already at the Access Grid Documentation Project
(http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp).

Thanks for your question!

--Ivan