[AG-TECH] Quickbridge Questions

Don Morton donmorton at fastmail.fm
Fri May 30 11:58:45 CDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003 09:12:52 -0700, "Randy Groves"
<randy.groves at boeing.com> said:
> Just got me thinking - and I haven't tried it yet, but is there anything
> that would prevent multiple instantiations of Quickbridge running on one
> machine (serving different ports, obviously)?
>
> -randy

we do it all the time, with something like five different venues (two
ports per venue).  it seems like now and then one of the daemons dies,
and i don't know if that's due to any sort of overload or not.

we also use quickbridge as a "rendezvous" point where maybe NONE of
the sites have any multicast, and all we want is for them to be
able to get together at a common IP/port.

   Don Morton                   http://MRoCCS.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana
   Missoula, MT 59812 | Voice (406) 243-4975 | Fax (406) 243-5139

My all-time favourite bumper sticker:
    REUNITE GONDWANALAND!!!