[AG-TECH] Ag2.0 Install on Debian Linux

Julian Yu-Chung Chen ycc at nchc.gov.tw
Fri May 30 01:03:07 CDT 2003

Hi there,

I made a successful attempt to install AG2.0rc1 in Debian GNU/Linux in
the last few weeks. So I'd like to share some of my experience here.

My test machine is using Debian GNU/Linux Woody.
I write up a script, inst.sh, to help me do things faster in several
different machines. My working directory looks like this,

AG_inst/
    2.0/RPMS/
    req/
    inst.sh

I placed pre-require software in req/ directory, all of them are
downloaded in
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/releases/2.0-rc1/redhat.html
Includes,

PyIPC-20030428-1.i386.rpm
pyGlobus-cvs-4.i386.rpm
globus-accessgrid-2.0-1.i386.rpm
pyOpenSSL-0.5.1-1.i386.rpm
gpt-1.0-2.i386.rpm
wxGTK-2.4.0-1.i386.rpm
logging-0.4.7-2.i386.rpm
wxPythonGTK-py2.2-2.4.0.7-1.i386.rpm

Notice that through some packages are also provided in Debian's APT, but
due to version info and dependency problems(mostly python version number
with related libraries), you have to use these packages from anl.

ps.
And in pyOpenSSL, anl added their own implementation methods. I'm not
sure whether it's taken cared of in the latest version by Robert.
See this mailing thread,
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/web-mail-archive/lists/ag-tech/2003/05/msg00150.html

AG related packages are placed in 2.0/RPMS/ directory. Includes,

AccessGrid-2.0RC-1.i386.rpm
AccessGrid-AudioService-2.0RC-1.i386.rpm
AccessGrid-VenueClient-2.0RC-1.i386.rpm
AccessGrid-VenueServer-2.0RC-1.i386.rpm
AccessGrid-VideoConsumer-2.0RC-1.i386.rpm
AccessGrid-VideoProducer-2.0RC-1.i386.rpm
AccessGrid-rat-4.2.22-1.i386.rpm
AccessGrid-vic-2.8ucl1.1.3-1.i386.rpm

The script is basically translate .RPM files to .deb files and install
them, and running several commands to setup Globus GSI correctly.
And with minor mods you can also install in sid.

my 2 cents.

Ivan R. Judson wrote:

>By the way Jason, if you're insterested in contributing those packages to
>the community we'd be happy to add them to our web pages. We're more than
>happy to make them available.
>
>Thanks,
>
>--Ivan

Julian Yu-Chung Chen           ycc at nchc.gov.tw julian9@[acm.org|mac.com]
National Center for            Work Phone:        +886-3-5776085 ext 354
High-performance Computing     Mobile Phone:         +886-(0)932-XXX-XXX