[AG-TECH] Quickbridge Questions

Allan Spale aspale at evl.uic.edu
Thu May 29 16:08:43 CDT 2003

Hello,

Consideration has been made at our site to set up Quickbridge temporarily.
I have scanned through the AGDP document for Quickbridge, specifically
what is necessary for running Quickbridge, but I still have some
questions:

- The PC running Quickbridge must be Linux OS?  What version works best or
does it not matter?  Is there anyone who ported Quickbridge to Windows?

- Is Quickbridge the only software needed to have the multicast-unicast
bridge operate properly for the client running VIC and RAT?

- How intensive is Quickbridge running on a PC?  What would be a
recommended requirements spec for running Quickbridge?

- Are there any other issues with running Quickbridge...
	* Reliability: does the bridge need to be restarted frequently if
left up for days?
	* Bandwidth: typically how much bandwidth would be used?
	* Security: Is the Access Control List (ACL) fairly reliable for
preventing unwanted usage?

Thanks for your help.

Allan
EVL at UIC