[AG-TECH] Ag2.0 Install on Debian Linux

Ti Leggett leggett at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 29 09:02:07 CDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 20:48, Jason wrote:
> I'm working on trying to install the Ag2.0 software on Debian and have
> tried to use the rpm's and even gone as far as using alien to convert
> the rmps to debian packages.
>
> Using the instructions at
> http://hpcnc.cpe.ku.ac.th/moin/InstallingAccessGrid I get errors.
> The problem I have run into either way is that the setup-gsi script is
> failing while executing grid-security-config. The grid-security.config
> file is created just fine, but there is some problem I can't resolve
> when it configures. The script is bailing out at line 133 of
> /usr/lib/globus/setup/globus/setup-gsi.pl if that helps anyone who may
> offer a response.

There's several commands you need to run after installing Globus to get
it setup. First and foremost you must have gpt installed. After that you
should be able to do the following:

. /etc/profile.d/gpt.sh
. /etc/profile.d/globus.sh
${GPT_LOCATION}/sbin/gpt_verify
${GPT_LOCATION}/sbin/gpt-postinstall
/usr/lib/globus/setup/globus/setup-gsi
/usr/lib/globus/setup/globus_simple_ca_45cc9e80_setup/setup-gsi -default