[AG-TECH] Ag2.0 Install on Debian Linux

Jason jahill at scl.ameslab.gov
Wed May 28 20:48:53 CDT 2003

I'm working on trying to install the Ag2.0 software on Debian and have
tried to use the rpm's and even gone as far as using alien to convert
the rmps to debian packages.

Using the instructions at
http://hpcnc.cpe.ku.ac.th/moin/InstallingAccessGrid I get errors.
The problem I have run into either way is that the setup-gsi script is
failing while executing grid-security-config. The grid-security.config
file is created just fine, but there is some problem I can't resolve
when it configures. The script is bailing out at line 133 of
/usr/lib/globus/setup/globus/setup-gsi.pl if that helps anyone who may
offer a response.

My question is this: Can I install from the CVS source and where would
information about installing from the CVS source be located? I have all
the prerequisite software that is available in debian packages
(Python2.2, libwxgtk2.2, libwxgtk2.2-python, python logging) installed
and it appears to be ready, but the error above has me stuck in my tracks.

Thanks,

Jason Hill
jahill at scl.ameslab.gov
Ames Laboratory, SCL