[AG-TECH] Testing Sessions for AG2.0

Mary Fritsch fritsch at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 21 16:26:12 CDT 2003

AG Community,

For those who haven't joined us yet, we'd like to invite you to start
participating in AG2.0 testing sessions. These occur Tuesdays and Thursdays
from 10:00AM CDT - 11:00AM CDT.

We will continue assisting with the walk through, installation and setup of
AG2.0 on new or existing nodes, answer any technical questions, and track
progress of the transition of nodes from 1.0 to 2.0.  We are also using
these testing events to catch remaining bugs and get them fixed before the
final release.  The more participants the better the final software!

Check out some recent FAQS that have already resulting from our past
testing events:  http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/ag/about/faq.html

The test meetings will continue to be in the Argonne National Laboratory
Institutional Venue. If you don't have AG2 installed yet, you can use your
existing installation of AG1.X to participate in the upgrade process.
However, participants using AG1.X won't be able to communicate via text
with AG2.0 users. We will use the AG1.X mud to help setup and debug new
AG2.0 nodes.

The AG Team here at ANL will be leading these meetings, but as always if
you have questions feel free to send email to ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov.

--Mary Fritsch