[AG-TECH] OSS Sound Drivers

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 15 08:27:49 CDT 2003

With some cards the full-duplex support in the free OSS drivers is not as
well developed. I have also seen cases where the free OSS drivers will work
for a while, then hang or otherwise act oddly.

If they work for you with your setup, then you should be fine with them. I
just typically use the commercial drivers as they have *always* worked for
me; I don't want to have to spend time fighting audio drivers. And the
price is certainly reasonable.

--bob