[AG-TECH] OSS Sound Drivers

Steven Jack s.jack at compserv.gla.ac.uk
Thu May 15 08:18:02 CDT 2003

Hi I am re-building my audio machine and I wondered why we need the
commercial OSS drivers. I put on RedHat 9 and the free OSS drivers with
that seem to work okay. Am I missing something here, are the free ones
deficient in some way or is this historical. Previously I had built it
with the ALSA drivers and all was okay, but I am having problems adding
the module for this with RH 9. It is a Dell workstation with
SoundBlaster Live card.

TIA
Steven

Steven Jack
University of Glasgow
Computing Service
Glasgow G12 8QQ

s.jack at compserv.gla.ac.uk

Tel +44(0)141 330 3828 Fax +44(0)141 330 3820