[AG-TECH] CURRENT multicast debugging tools?

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Tue May 13 16:10:49 CDT 2003

OK - I've been perusing the available links, and I'm finding a lot of
ancient (in this case about 1998) tools - with not a lot of indication as
to whether they were that good when they were current.  Anybody got a good
list of current tools?

And failing that, has anybody gotten around to documenting the
Beacon?  With a set of possible things to check when you see certain
conditions on the beacon?

For example, I've got a node on our internal net that is periodically
showing >99% loss, but it's not continuous.  And I just installed the
beacon on a node and it shows just fine on the receive, but is showing
disconnected on the send.
I need to get some pointers to places where I can educate myself on this.

Thanks!!

-randy