[AG-TECH] starting venue server

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon May 12 15:53:43 CDT 2003

Hi,

Can someone tell me the steps required to start a venue server and connect
to it with a
venue client. I have the following situation. I have installed ag20 rc1 on
a windows xp laptop.
I started the venue server from the start menue. I verified it did
something by looking in the
log file. I then tried to connect to it with the venue client. I typed in
"https://zim.ncsa.uiuc.edu:8000/Venues" in the appropriate window and hit
the go button. I was
treated to the "invalid url" once again. So when a venue server is started
with no arguments what
is the correct url to give the venue client that will allow it to connect?
Also how does one
configure the server? None of this information was easily found in any of
the docs. Perhaps
I looked in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance.
Dave

Dave Semeraro Ph.D.
Visualization and Virtual Environments Group
NCSA University of Illinois
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu