[AG-TECH] VideoProducerService question

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 9 17:52:55 CDT 2003

Hi George,

We've had a few problems when transmitting with vic in linux recently and
we're working on getting an updated vic posted.  I'm not sure if you're
having the same problem I did, but you can run the following to check:
  vic localhost/12345
then click menu, set the device to x11 (to avoid confusion with camera
issues), and then click transmit.  If it crashes after a few seconds, then
it's probably due to a bug in redhat's 2.96 version of gcc.

Here is a version Ti Leggett built with a couple files unoptimized that
fixed the problem I had:

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~leggett/AccessGrid-vic-2.8ucl1.1.3-2.i386.rpm

Bob Olson recently built a correctly compiled optimized version for
testing, but I don't have an rpm for it at the moment.

I'm not sure if I understand the side note you're describing, but in
linux I have noticed my transmitting vic does not show up on my own
VideoConsumer's vic, but does show up on another computer connected to the
venue.

Let us know if the version of vic above fixes your problem, and we'll
get an optimized one posted soon.

Eric