[AG-TECH] Invalid host info error

rohn at selway.umt.edu rohn at selway.umt.edu
Fri Mar 28 14:53:29 CST 2003

Howdy all,

    Having a bit or trouble in the final stages of trying to get our AGN
room running.

I followed the procedures as documented in Gary's document:
http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp/guide/building-an-access-grid-node.html and
I do not believe I missed anything.

(*) I ran setup-config on the video machine.
(*) I ran set-display-machine on both the video and audio machines.
(*) I registered my computers with our DNS admins and updated the
/etc/hosts files on all 3 machines (display, video, audio).

I ran the ag-audio-agtest and ag-video-agtest and determined that I
appeared to be sending audio and video.

Specifically, after these bits of configuration and testing, I follow the
procedure outlined in: "How to Start up an Access Grid Node Using Virtual
Venues" --

I start the display computer and see the "Event Server Monitor" window
(with a stus: ready indicated) and the "Display Resource Manager" (with
HeartBeat and Connected showing positive).  I launch the Venues and I am
connected to the Access Grid Lobby.

My problem occurs on starting the audio and video machine.  The errors I
see are slightly different different in terms of the output.  I will pare
it down to the salient details:

After starting vrm-evenlistner on the video machine, I see this (once for
each camera):

Start capture
Invalid host info

followed by java output (which I read elsewhere were more informational
than error) that I can send if needed.
-------------------
and on the audio machine, after staring the arm-eventlisterner, I see this:

Invalid host info: java.lang.NumberFormatException:
Got ANY type 16

again followed by java output similar to those on the video machine.

Any ideas on what I missed?

Thanks!

Rohn Wood
University of Montana

Details of my setup follow,

I have the 3 main boxes:

Display:  Windows 2000 Service Pak 3
AGN Software:  version 1.2

Audio:Linux  RedHat 7.3, kernel-smp-2.4.18-3
AGN Software:  I used the update script located at:
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/AG/Software/Linux/RPMS/update

I know this script was indicated as being for a RedHat 7.1 installation,
but I had no errors during installation. I had to go with Linux 7.3 in
order to get support for the Video subsytem in the PCs I was given.

Video:Linux  RedHat 7.3, kernel-smp-2.4.18-3
ditto above