[AG-TECH] Problem connecting to venue server with AG 2 beta 2

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu
Tue Mar 25 18:26:57 CST 2003

Hi,
	I recently downloaded beta 2, and I'm having some trouble connecting
to the default venue server, vv2.mcs.anl.gov.  If I fire up ethereal as I try
to connect, I can see it talking to vv2.mcs.anl.gov on port 9000 fine.  It
then tries to open another session on port 9001 - syn packets go out, but
nothing ever comes back.

I'm pretty sure everything else is set up correctly, as I can go to the service
manager debug menu and sucesfully get into the test room.  Also, if I start
up a venue server locally, I can connect to that fine.  It's only when I try
to log in to vv2.mcs.anl.gov that it fails.

I've gone over all of our local routers, and there's nothing on any of our
network equipment that should be filtering any of this traffic.  Anyone have
any ideas or anything else that I could try?

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu
WPI Network Engineer