[AG-TECH] AG and firewalls

bernholdtde at ornl.gov bernholdtde at ornl.gov
Fri Mar 21 17:55:07 CST 2003

What firewall hardware/software are people using when they put AG
nodes behind firewalls?  My local mcast expert says she knows of no
hardware firewall that properly supports mcast, so both she and I are
curious about other people's setups.

At the moment, we're trying to put up firewalls around ours using
ZoneAlarm on the display machine and iptables on audio and video.  The
ZoneAlarm stuff seems to be working fine, but we're only part way
through the iptables stuff.  If anyone's done this and has examples
they can share, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks
David E. Bernholdt                   |   Email: bernholdtde at ornl.gov
Oak Ridge National Laboratory        |   Phone: +1 (865) 574 3147
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~bernhold/   |   Fax:   +1 (865) 574 0680