[AG-TECH] Triggering red light bulb with VIC - seriously!!!

Jay Beavers jbeavers at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 24 12:15:13 CDT 2003

I was thinking that this device would be a great "now sending / network
status" indicator:

http://www.ambientdevices.com/cat/orb/orborder.html

Cool looking, multiple colors, can flash & pulse, etc.

I was turned off by the lack of availability, high price, and difficulty
of connecting directly to a PC though.  I've been playing around
learning electronics however, and I've been tempted to whip something up
using one of the USB single chip devices and some ultrabright LEDs.
However, my motivation quailed before I got the idea off the ground ;-)