[AG-TECH] bandwidth slider max 128Kb/s ??

Allan Spale aspale at evl.uic.edu
Thu Jun 19 10:55:18 CDT 2003

Doug,

I would wonder if you are looking at the correct VIC when you are noticing
this limitation.  The ddvic which is intended just for displaying video
would typically max out around 128 Kbps.  The VIC for transmitting video
should easily exceed 128 Kbps.

If this problem remains unresolved, there are some ways that you could
specify the bandwidth transmission maximum.  One way may be through a
.vic.prefs (? not sure of name) file.  This would allow you to set some
parameter specifying the maximum bandwidth.  Since this type of
file is not usable on Windows, these same settings might be sitting
in the Windows registry somewhere.  Another way (if you really
need a quick, temporary solution), is to manually start VIC from the
command line and give an option (-B 2000 this would give a maxmimum
bandwidth of 2000 Kbps for the Transmission slider...not sure if this is
correct, check VIC documentation at
http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/vic/).

Good luck.

Allan