[AG-TECH] contribution to QuickBridge

shudo at ni.aist.go.jp shudo at ni.aist.go.jp
Tue Jun 10 03:54:23 CDT 2003

Dear all,

I have modified source code of QuickBridge to combine broadcast
domains (subnets) into a single multicast domain. In other words, the
modified QuickBridge can join a multicast group and have several
unicast peers (other QuickBridges) at the same time and then forward
multicast traffic between several subnets.

I want to return the modified code to the AG community, but
distributing it by myself is not a good way and may not be allowed by
license. Conditions of license and intellectual properties seem not to
be clear. Can anyone make them clear and give us any suggestions on
how to contribute for QuickBridge?

There are two names of contributors to QuickBridge in the source code,
Tom Lehman (ISI) and Stephen Booth (EPCC).
The former is the original writer of the `mboneuctomcgw' which is the
base of QuickBridge and the source code says that the latter has
re-written it heavily.  Are they the only contributors (possible
copyright holders) to QuickBridge?
If so, do you (especially Lehman and Booth) think it's good thing to
give us license statements of QuickBridge?

  Kazuyuki Shudo
  Grid Technology Research Center
  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)