[AG-TECH] venue client hanging

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jul 29 01:02:53 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 07:42, Paul Mercer wrote:
> All
>
> My AG 2.0 pig has been working fine for about 3 weeks until this
> morning.   The venue Client comes up fine but when I move to another
> venue vic and rat start fine but the venue client hangs right after
> it "Loads exits".
>
> vic and rat continue to function ok but I cannot get the venue client
> to continue.  Iam sending the log from the debug session.
>
> I have uninstalled and re-installed  the venue client twice but no change.

I have same problem; with "VenueClient.py --personalNode" and trying to
enter vv2.mcs.anl.gov:9000/Venues/default starts up vic & rat OK - they
see other nodes in the venue. However at that point, VenueClient itself
hangs (gui doesn't refresh & cursor goes to hourglass shape, waiting for
something that never comes).

Interestingly, it behaves perfectly with a locally created venue created
with VenueServer.py (running on the same machine). Its just entering vv2
which makes VenueClient hang.

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3914
VisLab, A28                        Facsimile   (61-2) 9351 7726