[AG-TECH] Shared Applications (Browser, Presentation) in Linux

Jason Hill jahill at scl.ameslab.gov
Thu Jul 24 15:04:50 CDT 2003

Greetings all

I have a question about the implementation of the Shared Browser and
Presentations. I have read up on the mailcap setup for Windows and have
the command configured to add those applications to the mime-type list.
I have a working PIG and Node with Debian and have installed crossover
office on both of those machines. Crossover Office used wine to start
Microsoft applications and I also have this configured correctly.

My question is where can I specify the path of the executables so that
the Venue client knows to look for those Wine applications? I can't seem
to find anything in the SharedBrowser.py code that leads me to an
application pointer of any sort. Am I barking up the wrong tree and need
to do something different with the mime setup?

Thanks,

-Jason
Jason Hill
jahill at scl.ameslab.gov