[AG-TECH] Echo canceller

John Shalf jshalf at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 22 13:35:04 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 08:30 AM, Robert Olson wrote:
> And if you're clever, you can make the button cause the gentner to
> mute the mic, and make the gentner drive the LED based on mute status.
> This way, the gentner is always listening on the mic and doing it's
> EC/ambient noise level adaptation measurements.

That is way cool Bob!  Sometimes, if the desktop mic is muted for too
long, it can inhibit the Gentner's training.  It looks like we will
need to run some additional wires through the floor to take advantage
of this, but it sounds like it will be worth it.

Also, the tech note points out that I should have said MX392 instead of
312 in my suggestion below.  The 412D has very similar logic on board
(if not identical), so this solution will likely be applicable to that
model as well.  The 412 has some advantages over the 392 and the
boundary mics because it is off the table and doesn't get buried under
paper or oversized notebook computer screens.

> There's an appnote on the gentner/clearone website on doing this.

http://www.gentner.com/tech_support/resource/
view.php?resid=570&qstring=/tech_support/tech_docs/tech_notes.php?

Thanks Bob!