[AG-TECH] RH7.2 AG2.0 problem

Todd Zimmerman todd.zimmerman at newmic.com
Mon Jul 21 17:02:29 CDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to get our room node working under AG2.0 and am having a few
issues with the Linux side.  The Windows side seems to be working fine.
I've tried to run the Linux side as either a stand-alone node or as part of
the room node - but can't get it working either way.

When trying to run the Linux box in stand-alone mode:

I've basically followed the instructions at
http://hpcnc.cpe.ku.ac.th/moin/InstallingAccessGrid to try to get the node
running.

All seems to work fine.  I start the AGNodeService and the AGServiceManager &
start the VenueClient.  Once up and running, I can start the Node Manager and
add the serviceManager & services, save the setup etc and connect to the
VenueServer.  Again, at this point, all is still well.  However, when I
attempt to change rooms the VenueClient hangs with the following output in
the debug window:

-------------------------------
[Debug] 11:15:34 AM: VenueClient::GoToNewVenue: after enter venue
https://vv2.mcs.anl.gov:9000/Venues/default
[Debug] 11:15:34 AM: Set history url: None
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/VenueClientUIClasses.py",
line 1162, in onClick
    self.parent.GoToNewVenue(event)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/VenueClientUIClasses.py",
line 1084, in GoToNewVenue
    self.app.GoToNewVenue(description.uri)
  File "/usr/bin/VenueClient.py", line 671, in GoToNewVenue
    self.EnterVenue(venueUri)
  File "/usr/bin/VenueClient.py", line 484, in EnterVenue
    VenueClient.EnterVenue( self, URL )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/VenueClient.py", line
195, in EnterVenue
    self.ExitVenue()
  File "/usr/bin/VenueClient.py", line 605, in ExitVenue
    VenueClient.ExitVenue(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/VenueClient.py", line
355, in ExitVenue
    self.venueProxy.Exit( self.privateId )
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/hosting/pyGlobus/AGGSISOAP.py",
line 3650, in __call__
    return self.__r_call(*args, **kw)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/hosting/pyGlobus/AGGSISOAP.py",
line 3670, in __r_call
    self.__hd, self.__ma)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/hosting/pyGlobus/AGGSISOAP.py",
line 3585, in __call
    raise p
AccessGrid.hosting.pyGlobus.AGGSISOAP.faultType: <Fault
AccessGrid.Venue.ClientNotFound: ClientNotFound

[Debug] 11:16:07 AM: VenueClient::GoToNewVenue: Go to new venue
https://vv2.mcs.anl.gov:9000/Venues/000000f5569d4ffc008c00dd000b00377de
[Debug] 11:16:07 AM: VenueClient::GoToNewVenue: Is this a server
[Debug] 11:16:07 AM: VenueClient::GoToNewVenue: venue url:
https://vv2.mcs.anl.gov:9000/Venues/000000f5569d4ffc008c00dd000b00377de
[Debug] 11:16:07 AM: VenueClient::GoToNewVenue: the handler is valid
[Debug] 11:16:07 AM: EVENT- Enter venue with url:
https://vv2.mcs.anl.gov:9000/Venues/000000f5569d4ffc008c00dd000b00377de
[Debug] 11:16:07 AM: clean up frame and exit
[Debug] 11:16:07 AM: Cleanup frame, save data, and exit venue

--------------------------------

>From there it hangs and I have to manually go in and kill the processes.

Now, when attempting to run the node as part of the room node, I get a
different error; however, I'm sure they are interrelated.  On the Linux box,
I start up the AGServiceManager.py and start the NodeService and
ServiceManager on the Windows side.  Once within the NodeManager I add the
Linuxbox ServiceManager to the list (all ok so far) and start adding
VideoProducer services.  It actually finds the three capture cards on the
Linux box; however, when it adds them, it complains:

Exception in AddService :  AccessGrid.hosting.pyGlobus.AGGSISOAP.faultType
<Fault exceptions.AttributeError: AttributeError: 'str' object has no
attribute 'uri'

And on the Linux side AGServiceManager debug prints out (with our
computername removed....):
------------------------
Running Service; options: /usr/bin/python2.2
['/tmp/local_services/VideoProducerService.py', 60348]
Trying client handle
Wait another sec for service to boot; elapsedTime =  0
Starting server at https://xxxdeletedxxx:60348/Service
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/local_services/VideoProducerService.py", line 205, in ?
    while server.IsRunning():
AttributeError: Server instance has no attribute 'IsRunning'
Trying client handle
* * Service handle is valid !
----------------------------

I'm sure these two issues are related - and I'm wondering if it is
conflicting with a pre RC install of AG2.0 - I thought I had removed all
remnents but one can never be sure.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

Todd Zimmerman