[AG-TECH] Venue server and grid-proxy

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 17 12:11:03 CDT 2003

At 09:41 AM 7/17/2003 -0700, Randy Groves wrote:
>Am I assuming correctly that the AG 2.0 Venue Server requires a grid-proxy
>to run?

Nope. You can give it a host or service certificate (that was created
without a passphrase on the private key).

>And if so, what happens when the proxy times out?  Does the venue server
>continue to run?

It runs, but refuses incoming requests.

>Or should one create a long-lived proxy?  Or is there some other mechanism
>involved?

You can do the long-lived proxy, or you can invoke with

         --cert <certfile> --key <keyfile>

to have it use the given certificate and private key.

--bob