[AG-TECH] Gentner XAP400

Nathan P Johnson nathan.johnson at louisville.edu
Thu Jan 30 08:29:14 CST 2003

We have had a lot of trouble with our XAP 400. However, after some
conversations with Clearone and some time and trouble, I think I have
ours working pretty well. The main thing I have found is that instead of
using ghost outputs you should use virtual references. The virtual
reference should be to the output 9, the speakers -- NOT to the input
from the computer. The first block of four inputs is for mics only. Also
you should download the new firmware and flash your gentner prior to
setting everything up for the first time. Be sure to enable echo
cancellation and gating on the mics.

I have found that the XAP400 takes some time to adjust echo
cancellation when you start using it after there's been silence in the
room. You'll cause some minor echo for a few minutes until the machine
sets its internal levels. Then you should keep your mics on if possible
so that it doesn't lose its reference level. I also have found that
setting all gain levels etc. in the gentner to 0 works pretty well.
Remember that after you have everything set up in general when you use
the gware software you should sync to the unit instead of the file.

Nate

Nathan Johnson
sysAdmin
Dahlem Supercomputer Lab
Speed Scientific School
University of Louisville
(502) 852-0164
nathan.johnson at louisville.edu

Nathan Johnson
sysAdmin
Dahlem Supercomputer Lab
Speed Scientific School
University of Louisville
(502) 852-0164
nathan.johnson at louisville.edu

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Brett Ellis wrote:

> Anyone have any luck working with the XAP 400 and the
> new g-ware software?

It falls over a lot in my experience, which is very annoying. Still
struggling
with echo cancellation. if anyone has any pictures of matrix settings
it would be good to see them.

--
jason