[AG-TECH] Multiple use for quick bridge

Don Morton donmorton at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 23 08:22:44 CST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 06:37:18 -0700, "Don Morton" <donmorton at fastmail.fm>
said:

> Sort of by accident, sort of by necessity, a few
> of us in Alaska and Montana have used the QuickBridge
> not as a "bridge" but as a "rendezvous point" for
> 2-3 sites at a time who only have unicast.  This
> is incredibly versatile, and if folks are somewhat
> conscious of bandwidth, allow for small meetings
> from just about anyplace that has network.  Up in

I forgot to mention this, but part of the motivation for
this message was that several of us semi-jokingly discussed
the concept of running a PIG from a passenger aircraft,
given that a couple of airlines are starting to get into
the ISP business.  Not that any of us necessarily want
to communicate with colleagues while flying;  still,
the possibilities are interesting, and I can see no
reason why one couldn't run a laptop pig while on
a flight (with just a couple of streams, of course!).