[AG-TECH] RE: Quad S-Video Capture Cards

Ti Leggett leggett at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 21 11:04:07 CST 2003

Here's what we've seen. A lot of audio cards and capture cards are 32
bit/33 MHz which is fine. 64/66 slots are backwards compatible in this
respect. However there are two voltages that PCI cards can take. 3.3V or
5V. Most audio and capture cards I've seen are 5V (i.e., they don't have
the notch at the front of the card). A lot of 64/66 slots coming out now
support only 3.3V (i.e., they have a notch at the front of a card).
There are ways to use 5V card in a 3.3V slot using adapters and risers.
The company we've traditionally used has been Adex Electronice
(http://www.adexelec.com) though we haven't actually gotten 2 5V cards
to work using risers provided by them, we have gotten 1 card to work.
The techs there were always very helpful in trying to get us exactly
what we needed and if you have more time to work with them than I did at
the time, you'd probably get something that would work with 2 5V cards.

--
Ti Leggett <leggett at mcs.anl.gov>