[AG-TECH] Multicast Debugging Information

Bill Nickless nickless at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 20 13:45:18 CST 2003

There are certain things we network people need to debug problems.  We need:

  - The IP address of the active source
  - The IP address of the multicast group
  - The specific machine that is not receiving traffic
  - A commitment to leave the source and receiver active at some
    reasonably constant data rate

It would sure be nice if the AG 2.0 node-op software would support a
single-click dialog box, consolidating this key information for network
debugging.  The node op could then simply cut & paste it into an email
message, mud buffer, or trouble ticket description.

===
Bill Nickless    http://www.mcs.anl.gov/people/nickless      +1 630 252 7390
PGP:0E 0F 16 80 C5 B1 69 52 E1 44 1A A5 0E 1B 74 F7     nickless at mcs.anl.gov