[AG-TECH] packets dropped on the minute

Andrew Shewmaker` shewa at inel.gov
Tue Feb 18 11:50:15 CST 2003

Hi,

Now that we have used our AG node to attend a few events,
we have most everything working well.  We did notice that
every minute on the minute we lose packets on our display,
audio, and video hosts.

We are positive that we aren't seeing the packets at all
because we can see with the MS Windows 2000 cpu monitor
a huge drop in load, and then a resumption of the previous
load.  Since there isn't a spike, that seems to indicate
that the packets aren't suddenly coming through all at once.

It almost makes the audio unusable...at the very least it
seems to strike whenever someone says something interesting.

Our networking people are trying to discover what is
happening, but they don't have any likely suspects.

Has anyone else seen something like this?  Can you help us
fix this?  This is a significant quality issue for us.

Thanks,

Andrew

--
Andrew Shewmaker
Associate Engineer

Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory
2525 Fremont Ave.
Idaho Falls, ID 83415-3605