[AG-TECH] onboard audio with RAT?

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Mon Feb 17 16:39:44 CST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 08:11, Leslie Arvin wrote:
> Can RAT work with onboard audio or does it require a card such as
> the recommended SoundBlaster?  What would the onboard audio need
> to support to work with the RAT supplied in the standard AG software
> download distributions?
>
> -- Leslie Arvin

Yes, rat works with onboard audio chips. Both our online nodes run with
Soltek SL-85ERV mobos with built in audio. I think most onboard sound
chips in modern boards would be OK. The most important requirement is
the ability to perform simultaneous input & output, which requires a
driver that implements that ability. Standard AG distribution uses the
OSS drivers from 4Front Technologies, whereas we use (free) ASLA driver.

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3005
VisLab, A28                        Facsimile   (61-2) 9351 1880