[AG-TECH] RE: Perl Workshop

Terry Disz disz at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 10 14:58:18 CST 2003

Elaine,

I am wondering about this comment from your announcement:

>METHOD OF DELIVERY:
> Lecture with hands-on exercises. Due to the extensive hands-on nature
> of this workshop, we will not use the Access Grid for this event.

If this is the case, it would be interesting to know exactly what stands in
the way of doing a hands-on tutorial on the AG. Would you or someone
involved in this effort or anyone who's already tried it like to try and
collect a set of requirements, or just write down reasons it is hard to do
on the AG today, so perhaps these requirements can be addressed by the AG
community?

I recall that there was a GLOBUS tutorial in 01 that involved some hands-on
work and seemed to go ok. Was that sponsored by PACS? Does anyone remember
that? I also believe there are some lessons learned on teaching and the AG
from Montana, New Mexico, Alaska and other folks who have run AG courses.

Terry